parallax background


on completing the 120-Hour TEFL/TESOL course!


Share your thoughts!

Before you begin your teaching journey, we ask that you kindly leave a review of your experience with the Dux TEFL course as this helps let other aspiring TEFL teachers know about the quality and ease of use of the course.

Tip: To save time, you can copy and paste the same review for both Trustpilot and Facebook. Don't forget to select 'Public' on Facebook when sharing your review so that others can know about the course.

Trustpilot logo

Please click this link and leave a review on Trustpilot:


Please click this link to leave a review on Facebook:


Thank you for your feedback!

How do I legalise my TEFL/TESOL certificate and other documents?

Firstly, you will need the printed original TEFL/TESOL certificate along with the originals of all your other documents. Photocopies or printed digital versions will not be sufficient.

If you haven’t ordered the original certificate already and you wish to teach abroad, then you will need to order the original Dux TEFL certificate. Dux will have the certificate professionally printed, embossed with the Dux seal, signed by the academic director, packaged and posted to a location of your choice for only $30 USD.

Once you complete the Dux TEFL/TESOL course, you can order the original and signed certificate here.

Now that you have the originals of your TEFL/TESOL and all other relevant documents, the next step is to have them notarised at a Notary Public. A Google search will show available Notary Publics in your area.

If the destination country is not part of the Hague Convention, you will then need your documents to be authenticated. This is usually done at a high court or government body responsible for authentication. Some countries require an additional step of ‘legalisation’. That is, after the TEFL/TESOL has been notarised and authenticated, it will need to be legalised by an additional government body - for example, through DIRCO (South Africa).

Now that your TEFL/TESOL certificate is legalised, you can take it along with all other relevant documents to the relevant embassy to apply for your work visa.

To summarise:

  • Step 1: Get the originals of all your certificates and relevant documents.
  • Step 2: Have all relevant documents notarised by a Notary Public.
  • Step 3: Take all notarised documents to the relevant government bodies to be authenticated and legalised (in some countries, this can be done at the embassy of the destination country but others require one to go to a high court and government body).
  • Step 4: Apply for your work visa at the relevant embassy.

This process can be frustrating and time consuming - it could take weeks. Dux advises using an authentication agency to handle these steps for you. A Google search will show many agencies in your area which provide such services and the prices are reasonable.

We hope that this helps you on your journey and if you have any further questions, please contact us on and we will be happy to help.

Have some questions?

Check out our FAQs page!